As an influencer, you may have come across a post that went viral and wondered how the creators managed to do it.
Making content go viral on the internet has nothing to do with luck or being at the right place at the right time. Instead, you need a well-thought-out content strategy and the right distribution tools that activate viral triggers.
Getting your content to go viral is one surefire way to start making money as an influencer. Here’s a list of the top five content distribution tools. They can help you improve your social media engagement and pull in tons of traffic to your site.
Let’s get started.
Image via Outbrain
Whether you’re looking to promote an infographic, article, video or even a slideshow, Outbrain helps you do it. It works on a pay-per-click model, and the packages at Outbrain start as low as $10. Which makes it affordable for influencers who are just getting started.
You need to sign up on the site and provide links to your content – a social media post, a blog post, or even the RSS feed of your content. Outbrain then displays links to your posts at the bottom of related articles on other authoritative sites.
By displaying links to your content on these sites, Outbrain helps to draw more clicks to your content, thereby helping to improve your engagement.
- It attracts people who are likely to enjoy your content since they read similar articles.
- They offer really affordable packages.
Image via Listly
This is another great content distribution platform, especially for all the listicle lovers. It’s a platform that helps to create and share lists. The lists can be anything – a playlist, best products lists, or list of best articles, etc.
The best feature of Listly is that your list can contain anything and not just text. Images, videos, memes – can all be a part of your lists.
Once you have created a list, you can share it on social media or include it on your website to improve its reach. What’s more? You can collaborate with other Listly users and get them to suggest, contribute, or vote on your list. This is a great way to improve your engagement.
- Infographic-listicle combos are one of the most shared items on the internet. So, creating an interactive list with Listly is a great way to make your content go viral.
- It’s interactive – people get to provide their input, which is one of the requisites of attracting traffic.
Image via SimpleReach
It’s a cloud-based platform that helps with content distribution. It provides you with a single place to collect all of your content data. Once you have all your content there, you can track and monitor every single interaction your audience has had with your content.
What’s more? SimpleReach also provides you with insights such as which of your content characteristics are liked by the audience, and which aren’t. You can also find the right distribution channels to use to drive the most traffic.
- It provides you with a detailed analysis of your content – the most shared, the most likely to be shared, which platforms to use, and more.
- Their built-in analytics tool gives you key insights into your content’s performance. Thereby helping you refine and optimize your content strategy and improve engagement.
Image via Taboola
Taboola is a great content discovery platform. It helps content creators and influencers generate more leads and traffic to their content. Additionally, Taboola recommends your content to top publishers like USA Today, Business Insider, NBC News. They can then further promote your content, thereby making it reach a wider audience.
All you need to do is submit links to your content on Taboola. The platform then uses an algorithm to match your content with the right publishers in your niche.
- The biggest benefit of this platform is that you, as the content creator, retain complete control of your content. You have the complete editorial rights of your content.
- Additionally, Taboola also provides useful content analytics which helps you monitor your content’s performance in real-time, thereby optimizing it.
Image via Quuu
Quuu is a huge favorite among influencers since the platform doesn’t allow salesy-product promotions. Instead, it focuses on distributing quality, authentic content among your target audience.
Quuu sends high-quality, relevant content to their users daily. Users can then use the tool to share the posts they find interesting on their social media pages.
- Quuu weeds out sub-par content. This makes Quuu users trust the content suggested by the platform. By getting your content reviewed on Quuu, you’re likely to reach a highly targeted audience in your niche.
- Quuu also connects influencers with marketers in their niche. This helps you to connect with the right digital marketers who love your content.
Going Viral Takes More Than Luck
The rewards of making your content go viral are many. Viral content can help you find sponsors for your personal brand, and start monetizing your influence. It can also boost your credibility as an influencer while helping you connect with a huge audience.
Apart from creating content that resonates with millions, you need the right distribution tools and a robust content strategy. You can use the content distribution tools listed here to help you reach a wider audience and increase engagement.
Do you have any other tips or tools to make content go viral? Let us know in the comments below.